PEI's Guide to Paper Retention™
What to Toss & How to Find the Rest
In my book, Organizing Paper @Home What to Toss and How to Find the Rest, I wrote about different kinds of paper that you need to keep—or might want to keep.
To determine what information you should keep, simply practice The Art of Wastebasketry®, by asking yourself the following questions about each document or type of information:
- Does this require action?
- Is it recent enough to be useful?
- Is it difficult to obtain again?
- Are there tax or legal implications?
- Can you identify a specific use for it?
- What’s the worst thing that could happen if it was tossed?
Toss what you can…and use this Guide as a simple way to find the rest!